Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thoroughly Modern


Love the geometric shapes in this paper.  It's SU, but reminds me so much of Dawn McVey and all the background stamping she does in her cards.  I hit a couple of challenges with this little card.  The CAS Challenge for last week was to be inspired by NYC.  I could only think of the "big apple" and the I {heart} NY tee shirts that are white, black and red.  So I opted for the black and white and red color scheme.  I cased one of Brandi's card for the Featured Stamper challenge on SCS.  Here is the card that I cased.  When I am casing folks, I seem to dig way down deep in their gallery to find something.  I don't know why, but it works out for me.  I have a really big day with the beginning of swimming lessons for my DD and a visit to my folks this morning, plus a couple of hours of driving in there.  I'll keep the post short to fit it all in! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Birthday Wishes (Verve); Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Thoroughly Modern dsp; Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Rose Red; Accessories: blender pen, Arch lattice border punch, stampin' dimensionals.

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so beautiful! Love the colors - everything just pops against the black accents.