Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge


I have been reading Beate's Blog for some time now and finally decided to participate in a challenge. This is my entry for this weekend's sketch challenge. It was fun and helped to build my desire for new and exciting designer paper. I think my card turned out nice. Let me know what you think!

I used Very Vanilla as a base. Then, on top, I layered Old Olive. The rectangles are Provo Craft Soft Serenity and River Rock. On the River Rock rectangles, I stamped Itty Bitty Backgrounds in River Rock ink. I used a sentiment from Full of Life in both Old Olive and River Rock ink and then the leaf image from Infinite Goodness in Old Olive. I colored in the leaf with River Rock ink and a blender pen. I layered this on top of Old Olive. Then I used Dimensionals to lift it up. I used River Rock Double Stitched Ribbon to run the width of the card under the sentiment. Oh and I distressed the edges of the Old Olive cardstock with the blades of my scissors.

Here is the sketch that Beate provided:

and a link to her blog can be seen in the image. Thanks for looking!

No comments: