Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hope for the Cure

I am so pleased about how this card turned out. My biggest fear was that the mirror would be too heavy for the card. As it turns out, it is not too heavy. After I made it and photographed it, the mirror sagged (still attached to the ribbon, but not to the card stock) so I bolstered my adhesive. That is a minor price to pay for using a mirror as an embellishment.

The Unity Wednesday Challenge for this week revolved around hope.

H - My sentiment is "hope"
O - I put pink organdy ribbon ON my card.
P - I used dp with Pink in it.
E - I used a mirror for my embellishment that starts with M (mammogram)

One little detail that may not be obvious from just looking is how I distressed the circle and oval behind my mirror. It looked to clean when I pieced them together, so I edged the circle and oval with white craft ink and then smeared it with my finger (okay...and a old sock from the rag bag)!

Here are the details for this card:

Stamps: Autumn Leaf Prints, Dream Tree by Unity Stamp Company
Paper: So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, Basic Grey Two Scoops
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Timber Brown StazOn, White Craft Ink
Accessories: Mirror, Pink Organdy ribbon, 1 1/4" circle punch, Large oval punch, glue dots, MM distressing tool
Techniques: Distressing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: