Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hip Hop Challenges!

Today was a snow day at school! So I stayed inside and Hip Hopped my way through Thursday with the crafters in the Unity forum. Each Thursday, there are a couple of challenges to work on when you are not chatting or playing for prizes. Today, I did the Unity Pie Color Challenge first! My dh loves blackberry pie, so I did this one for him. I still feel like I want to make Christmas cards, so I used my new Unity Christmas stamps. (So Girl's Night girls, don't look to close. You may end up with one of these cards!) I also used Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday sketch for the card.

Here are the details for this card:

Stamps: Stocking of Elegance (Unity), Tree of Elegance (Unity), All Year Cheer
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum
Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum
Accessories: Clear ep, heat tool, eggplant grosgrain ribbon, Sakura Clear Star gel pen, blender pen
Techniques: Embossing

The second card uses today's sketch from Limelight Papercraft's Six Chick Challenge #11. The product that they focused on is your favorite patterned paper! I chose Basic Grey, of course! The Hip Hop challenge here was Don't Stress - Distress! So I sponged up my card stock, used my Distressed Dots stamp from Unity and roughed up my edges with my MM distressing tool!
Strangely enough, I used a similar color scheme and I altered the sketch a bit so that my card looks a bit like my last Six Chicks Challenge! Oops!

Here are the details for this card:

Stamps: Trinity Trio (Unity), Distressed Dots (Unity), Sincere Salutations (SU)
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, BG Mistletoe & Pear, BG Two Scoops
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: MM distressing tool, stampin' dimensionals, blender pen, MAMBI rhinestones, Turquoise and Olive sharpies
Techniques: distressing, masking

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted!

No comments: