Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

We had amazing weather yesterday for Sweet Pea's 3rd birthday party and here is her invite! She saw a sample card I had on my stamping desk and said I want those for my birthday. So I made the invitations look like Popsicles. This isn't a new idea, but is a very fun card! She liked the strawberry on the original card, only she wanted it sparkly! So I went over it with a glue pen and then sprinkled some glitter over the top.

The tiny bit of ribbon on the stick is supposed to hold it closed, but I think you need a wider ribbon for that to actually work. My little satiny ribbon is just there for looks! Now, all I need to do is get busy and make all the thank yous for the fun presents all the family got her!


May is a big birthday month in my household. It never was until I got married! My daughter's birthday is the 19th, my BIL's birthday is the 20th (along with my daycare provider and one of Pea's cousins) and then my MIL's birthday is the 27th! Yikes, I don't have her card made!

You see this cute little backpack. I made it, courtesy of an awesome template on SCS! It really wasn't all that hard. The hardest part for me was trying to do it and supervise an almost 3 year old during Saturday morning cartoons! I know I should only attempt these things during nap time!


Here is the matching card for the backpack. I slipped a gift card into the backpack and it fit perfectly. This ensemble went to my daycare provider for her birthday as she makes each and every day special and fun for the girls at daycare!






Here are the details:

Popsicle card -
Stamps: Tart and Tangy, Hugs and Wishes
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red Old Olive, Versamark
Accessories: white ep, heat tool, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop punch, two way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds, stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dots, red satin ribbon
Techniques: embossing

Backpack box -
Paper: SEI Mimosa. Groovy Guava
Accessories: thin coral satin ribbon, MM eyelets and snaps, velcro, sticky strip
Techniques: backpack box

Birthday Wishes card -
Stamps: Floral Symphony (Verve), Circular Sayings (Verve)
Paper: SEI Mimosa, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Cameo Coral, Summer Sun
Accessories: Scallop edge punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, sponge dauber, Soft Subtle brads, stampin' dimensionals, Sakura Clear Star gel pen
Techniques: sponging

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: