Monday, August 20, 2012

Friends and Beaches

Good Monday morning to you!  I am up early today practicing getting ready for school with my soon to be first grader.  She's a touch resistant to giving up her cartoons, so I'll have to give the report on how it went later.  Today's card is for the current Friends of Speedy TV challenge number 34.  The challenge is to create a beach themed card.  I chose to use the set called Island Life for my card today.  I colored and cut out my main image and then trimmed around the sail, just enough to let it poke out of the oval shaped die cut.  I matted it and then created a base for it to rest on!

I hope you will find the time to play along with us at the Friends of Speedy TV.  If you do, you may win a great set called Background Fun.  Here's a peek at this set: 




Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Details - Stamps: Island Life (MFP); Paper: MFP, Basic Black; Ink: Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Copic Markers, Nestabilities, paper snips, black burlap string, Square Lattice ef, corner chomper, stampin' dimensionals.


6 comments:

Janine said...

Lovely scene - love how your sail pokes over the top of the oval and the fact your matt layer matches so well with your sea.

Kate said...

I really like this one! The colors & layout work together to make a stunning creation.

Benzi said...

What a super beach card, Toni. I really like that die cut you used. Your image really stands out and looks awesome.
Hope you got your little one to school o.k. :-)

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely beach scene. Great job on the layout and design.

stampingbowd said...

I hope your daughter has a great year!!! I really don't like back-to-school month!!! We are already 3 weeks into the school year, can you believe that? Already some bad grades too...sigh! I am thinking middle school is going to be a big challenge for a certain young lady!

OOOPsss! I got so distracted with back to school that I forgot to mention your beautiful work of art!!! Gorgeous card!!! Beautiful coloring of the scene!

Kathy Bradley said...

Toni,
Beautiful and elegant card - and lovely colors!