Saturday, October 27, 2012

Scor-Pal and DCWV Week Accompaniment

Hello and welcome to the Scor-Pal and DCWV week long feature!  If you haven't seen what the rest of the team has made, you may want to check it all out on the Scor-Pal blog. The DCWV design team has been busy with their Scor-Pal products too.  Don't forget to check them out on their blog.  Today, my main project is being featured on the Scor-Pal blog, along with Lisa Andrew's project.  While you are here, I want to show you a couple other projects that I made to compliment my main project.  I was going for a gift set for my daughter to give to her teacher.   



My first complimentary project is a Teabag Holder* and starts off with fabulous pale vanilla colored, textured card stock from the DCWV Autumn Melody Cardstock Stack.  I placed a  91/2" x 11 3/4" piece of it on my Scor-Pal and then scored at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", 8 1/4" and 11". 

 
I then turned my card stock one turn and scored the full length of the piece at 2 3/4" and 8 3/4".  Next I scored at the 2" mark from the top of the page to the first score line.  I skipped over the second section marked by score lines and picked back up at the third section, as indicated by the red lines below.  At the 3 3/4" mark, I scored down starting with the fourth section to the bottom of the page.  Again, red lines show this score on the page. 
 
 
Trim away the portions marked with red x's in the photo below.
 
 
Cut tabs in the card stock as indicated by the next set of red lines in the photo below.
 
 
Burnish all the current score lines in the project with the Scor-Tool.
 
 
Apply Scor-Tape along the bottom and right hand side tabs.  You will also need small pieces of Scor-Tape placed vertically where I have red lines in the top tabs.
 


 
Remove Scor-Tape backing and adhere side and bottom tabs of the teabag holder.  Now you can see my small pieces of Scor-Tape placed vertically along the top tabs. 
 
 
Next, I die cut one piece of cardboard and two pieces of the same textured card stock into a label shape that was about 3 3/8" x 3 3/8".  I adhered the textured card stock to each side of the cardboard, creating a finished base.  I used my Scor-Tape once again to adhere the bottom of my box to my base. 

 
 
Then, I removed the back from the Scor-Tape on the top tabs and adhered then down.  I began with the tab that has two pieces of tape and worked my way clockwise around the tabs. 
 

 
I cut a second piece of cardboard with the same size label shape as my base. I covered that shape with two pieces of  patterned paper from the DCWV Autumn Melody Stack.  I placed Scor-Tape along the outside edges of my teabag holder and adhered my patterned paper covered top. 
 
 
Here you have the finished teabag holder seen below. 
 

 
I added one 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" piece of gold foiled card stock from the DCWV Autumn Melody Cardstock Stack to cover the inside seams of my teabag holder. 
 
 
I finished off my teabag holder sides with four panels of textured card stock, foiled card stock and patterned paper.  I stamped a teacup image in a matching ink and popped it up off the front of my teabag holder.  I added a trio of leaves, die cut from matching textured paper, tied with some linen thread to the top of my tea bag holder as a finishing touch.
 
 
My next accompanying  project is an Easel Post-It Note Holder**. 
 

I started out with a 3 5/8" x 11" piece of textured card stock from the DCWV Autumn Melody Cardstock Stack.  I placed it on my Scor-Pal and scored at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2". 


Then I rotated my card stock 180 degrees.  First, I creased the score line at 5 1/2" by folding the card stock over onto itself, using the left and top guides to make it perfect.  Then I creased the next score line back onto itself.  You will end up with a shape just like this.

 
 
I added my Scor-Tape to exposed 2 3/4" by 3 5/8" face, as seen below.
 
 
 
I peeled the backing off my Scor-Tape and adhered a 3 5/8" x 5 1/2"  piece of DCWV textured card stock on top of whole project, creating the face of my project.  Again, I used the guides to be sure that my piece was adhered straight. 
 
 
Next, I peeled the backing off the post-it note and lined it with Scor-Tape
 
 
Finally, I peeled the backing off the Scor-Tape and centered the post-it notes at the bottom of the project base and tucked the project face behind the post-it notes. 

 
You can then finish it as desired.  I repeated the same theme as I used on my Teabag Holder with textured card stock, foiled card stock and patterned paper.  For the diamond focal piece, I stamped a sentiment and two flourishes, matted it and popped it up off my project face. 
 





Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my projects. 
 
  *Please note that I first saw this project demonstrated by Sophia Landry within the Paper Crafter's Library.
**Please note that I first saw this project demonstrated by Jennerator74 in this video. 
 
 
Details - Teabag Holder:  Stamps: Tiny Teacup; Paper:  DCWV Autumn Melody Stack, DCWV Autumn Melody Cardstock Stack, Very Vanilla; Ink: Cajun Craze, Soft Suede; Accessories: Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, Nestabilities, Shapeabilities Fall Foliage, linen thread, dimensional adhesive.  Easel Post-It Note Holder:  Stamps: Taglines (Flourishes), Fine Herbs (Flourishes); Paper: DCWV Autumn Melody Stack, DCWV Autumn Melody Cardstock Stack, Very Vanilla; Ink: Cajun Craze, Soft Suede; Accessories: Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, dimensional adhesive, post-it-notes.


 
 
 

 






2 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous tea holder!!!!

I just bought a stack of post it notes that were on sale thinking I would make covers for them and give them at Christmas. I think I want to try your easel holder instead!!! Thanks for the fabulous photo tutorial! (I hate the trial and error of coming up with measurements myself!!! lol I did that this spring...seemed like every notepad I picked up was a different size!!!

Smiles, Laurie said...

What a lovely gift set. I love them seperately too! THe note pad easel is fabulous. Thinking I might do something like this for the Grandmas' presents and decorate with the kids photos! Love it. Thanks for the easy to follow tutorial.