Monday, January 5, 2009

For My Valentine

I got really focused on challenges over the holidays. I did more challenges than I can ever remember doing. This card is no exception. I met two challenges with this one. I used Gina K's challenge to put the piece of card stock on the diagonal behind my focal image. The other challenge was a Holiday Challenge Extravaganza limited supply challenge.

Most everything about this card is obvious, I think. I jazzed up my polka dot dp behind the heart by putting extra dots on it with my silver Sharpie. I used my aqua painter to color the inside of the heart and then put the colors back in. I used my red marker to darken the red flowers and colored the dots in the heart with the silver sharpie to tie the diagonal dp in with the heart. Too bad my sentiment doesn't looks so great. I still need a good plan when it comes to tiny little stamps. I try to use a light touch, but the silver encore ink would have been unreadable! Oh well, hubby won't card!

Here are the specifics for this card:
Stamps: Love You Much, Everyday Flexible Phrases
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Print Pack dp
Ink: Versamark, Silver Encore, Real Red
Accessories: Black ep, heat tool, aquapainter, silver Sharpie, scallop edge punch, Red organdy ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, SAMJ
Techniques: embossing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: