Monday, January 5, 2009

More challenges over the holidays!

If you know me personally, you know that this was true in my real life. Not to be a downer, but one of our family pets got hit and killed on Christmas Eve and my grandmother has been hospitalized 3 times without medical staff being able to determine the cause of her illness. But the title of my post refers to the two challenges that I combined to make this card. I had fun with the Holiday Challenge Extravaganza and I made it a personal mission to complete all of Gina K's challenges during the last week/first week of 2008-2009. She gave away wonderful prizes, but you didn't have to make the cards. She chose easy challenges to help crafters ease back into stamping after all of the holiday stress!

So for Gina's challenge, you were to recycle an old card and use it on a new card. The Holiday Challenge Extravaganza #4 was another limited supply challenge! As easy as 1,2,3, birthday card made with 1 piece of dp, 2 colors of card stock and 3 punches. The only embellishment allowed was ribbon. That wasn't hard for me! I love to put ribbon on my cards. There wasn't a lot of stamping on this one and I feel kind of guilty about it, but it's a really sweet card!

Here are the details for this card:
Stamps: Short & Sweet
Paper: Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa, Confetti White
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Recycled birthday card, Offray celery ribbon (leftover from my wedding almost 7 years ago!!!), small oval punch, large oval punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dots

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: