Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hip Hop Hangover


















{You may want to click on the photo to enlarge it and see the detail.}
The Friday after Hip Hop Thursday is affectionately referred to as Hip Hop Hangover. This is the day where you can take a tour of Unity Stamp Company lovers!!!This is my contribution to the hangover. I wanted to create a piece that reflected my New Year's Resolution to be more consistent in all areas of my life. I seem to be able to do well in one or two areas, but then the rest of my life falls apart. I didn't have a stamp that said "consistency", but "always" captures the sentiment.

I was working on a Limited Supply Challenge on SCS(LSC201) to use your favorites. Well, the Dream Tree is my favorite stamp! It's just fabulous. I mean, who doesn't love the Dream Tree. I picked a favorite color combination and used my favorite embellishment, ribbon! Self adhesive pearls are a new favorite. I was introduced to these colored half-back beauties through Limelight Papercrafts. And you know they are awesome if they carry Unity!!! I tipped the branches with my Sakura Clear Star gel pen (although you will want to click on the picture to see this detail).

I picked up a frame from store that was closing out and created by piece to the proper size, 4"x6". I wanted pearls on the tree and the ribbon to hang out of the frame, so I placed the glass behind the piece.

Here are the specifics on this card:
Stamps: Dream Tree (Unity), Sentiments O'Simple(Unity)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, BG Eva
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Kaiserkraft Blush pearls, M's self adhesive pearls, Vanilla taffeta ribbon, glue dot, corner punch, slot punch, Sakura Clear Star gel pen

All products not labeled are Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

Lisa H. said...

great card! love the tree! and Yes, Limelight is full of awesome items. Have you checked out all the new goodies Mandy added to the store! TFS!