Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweet Pea!

When was the last time that you made dinner for 21? I don't know about you, but I never do this. Okay, we had 24 over for BBQ on Sweet Pea's first birthday (but my DH was in charge of cooking the food that time) My DH said "Never again" and I agreed with him.

So this year, I thought I would just have a little family birthday party for her. Family birthday parties from my childhood consisted of my parents, my sister, my maternal grandparents and sometimes my paternal grandmother. So a family birthday party sounded just right for my baby girl! Oops, I forgot to take into account that both of my parents are only children. While I have a sister and my DH has two sisters and two brothers. I guess that is how you get to cook birthday dinner for 21!

Good news, Bad news! Bad news first - there was nada, zero, zilch for left overs. So I had to make something to eat later. Good news - the weather was wonderful, everyone got enough to eat and drink, people had a good time (I think) and Sweet Pea received some really nice (and generous) gifts. I have a VERY lucky little girl.

Check back soon to see the thank you card Sweet Pea will send to all her family members for the nice gifts she received.

No comments: