Monday, May 26, 2008

Stampin' Sunday

Oh wait, it's Monday! It just feels like Sunday with the long weekend. I worked my hiney off Saturday and Sunday in the garden with the hubby to get my day to stamp. I feel a bit productive! As I reflect on what I have ended up with, there seems to be a green theme! I will need to work on changing that up a bit. Anyway, here is what I have to share:









This is for the Splitcoast Challenge Featured Stamper 67. The featured stamper is Dawn McVey and I cased this card http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/647132?cat=500&ppuser=61311.

I used River Rock card stock for a base. Then I sponged River rock ink on the Pretty in Pink card stock layer. I also sponged River Rock on the Certainly Celery card stock and then layered it on top of the pink. Next, I punched 1 3/8" squares from Very Vanilla and 1 1/4" squares from Provo Craft Soft Serenity dp. I mounted the smaller squares on top of the larger squares and used my Crop-a-dile to punch 1/8" holes and then put in the mellow moss soft subtle eyelets. I mounted the finished squares on top of the celery card stock. Finally, I stamped a sentiment from Much Appreciated in River Rock ink on the card base.

Next up is what I call DH Color Challenge 1. My mother-in-law's birthday is tomorrow and I volunteered to make a card for us to give to her. I asked my DH is he had anything special that he would like for me to do. I didn't know what I would get. His response, "Can you make it purple and green?". Thus DHCC01 is born and requires purple and green on the card. I felt like that left me wide open. He later added, "Pastels are nice".

So, I used Perfect Plum card stock as my card base. I layered Certainly Celery card stock on top of that. Then I layered some Pale Plum card stock next. I distressed the edges of the celery and pale plum card stock only slightly. The next layer is Whisper White card stock. I used Certainly Celery ink to stamp the French Script background. Then I stamped the flower image from Petal Prints in Versamark ink. I used a cotton swab to apply Perfect Plum, Old Olive and Garden Green pastels to the Versamark image. Finally, I sponged the edges of the White card stock with Perfect Plum ink.

To finish the card, I wrapped an olive colored ribbon I purchased at JoAnn's. I then stamped the sentiment from All Night Media's Anna Griffin sentiments in Perfect Plum ink. Then, I placed two mini pastel brads from Making Memories through the ribbon and the top three layers.

Oops, I had better hurry! Sweet Pea is shouting "I want up!" Sweet Pea and the computer do not mix. My final card is for the Splitcoast Challenge TLC170 and it is Sweet Pea's birthday card for her Grandma. It is titled Pick Three. I chose TLC05, SC11 and CC1. I thought it would be really tough, but most of it was already done for me!

The card base is Gable Green card stock. I stamped the round circle images with Versamark ink on the base, with the one circle heart image. The heart didn't show well initially, so I traced the inside of the heart with my Versamark pen. Much better. I stamped the sentiment from Wild About You in Gable Green ink. The next layer is Whisper White card stock. Just to mix it up a little, I scalloped one edge with my corner rounder and then paper pierced the other three edges with the help of my mat pack. I then punched three 1 3/8" circles from Green Galore card stock. Then I inked up the alligator image from Wild About You with Gable Green ink. I stamped off once and then thumped my Green Galore marker across the top of the alligators mouth and back. I huffed and stamped it on Whisper White card stock. I then punched it out with my 1 1/4" circle punch. I repeated the same process twice more. I then mounted my alligators on the white layer with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoyed my Monday as much as I did! All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

Edit: I originally posted that I used SC05 as the sketch for TLC170. What a goof! I was soooo distracted by Sweet Pea that I got that wrong. I wonder what else I got wrong???

No comments: