Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer, Summer, Summer

It's the first day of summer break. It's sunny and 66 degrees. This is wonderful considering the horrid drizzle and cold that the Pacific Northwest has been plagued with for what seems like an eternity now.

I worked up this card for the No Time to Stamp? challenge #39 to "GO BOLD". Bold for me means bright. Bold for me is using something or doing something outside of my comfort zone and SU's Bold Brights are mostly outside of my comfort zone. It doesn't mean that I don't like them. It just means that I don't feel comfortable creating with them. Other people make wonderfully beautiful cards with these colors. So I went Bold!

I used YoYo Yellow for my card base. I stamped the flower image from All Natural in Versamark three times. I poured on the UTEE, fired up the heat tool and embossed those flowers. Then I took my sponged dauber and applied YoYo Yellow to the center of each flower. Next, I sponged the petals of the flowers in Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Only Orange. The card seemed cheerful, so I determined it was a birthday card and stamped "wish big" in Real Red ink from the Short & Sweet set.

I mounted the whole thing on a layer of Tempting Turquoise card stock and then again on a slightly larger piece of Real Red card stock. I filled the empty space I had in the bottom left hand corner with a slot punch and then strips of Tempting Turquoise and Tangerine grosgrain ribbon tied in knots to hide the slot punch! I mounted that piece on the card base and called it done!

By the way, I cased a lovely card by Jennifer McGuire for the technique and layout. You can see it here.

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments: