Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I {heart} Verve in July!

I finished all 5 Viva La Verve sketches with a little time left over! This is not my normal pattern. Usually, I procrastinate like crazy. I'm glad to be done with couple days to spare. The sketches are in order and the "twist" on this sketch is a twist of distressing. I sponged for my distressing. Normally, I would use browns, but here I used gray and black.








The second sketch called for a twist of technique, either poppin' pastels or burnt batik. I had never done burnt batik, so I went with poppin' pastels. This isn't my favorite card, but it will do! Too much green I think.







The third sketch called for a twist of scoring. Another technique that is not my friend. I did the best I could and like the result better here than above!













The fourth sketch called for a twist of vellum. I really struggled with how to incorporate the vellum until I sat down to pick out some dp. I found the flowered dp and the whole card fell together for me!












This last sketch called for a twist of texture and I probably failed. The only things that I could remotely call texture were the ribbon and the stampin' dimensionals. Now how many cards don't use those. It wasn't very original, but I went for it! I also busted into some Memory Box dp that I have been hoarding. It's so pretty, it is hard to cut into and then cover up!








Here are the specifics for each card:

Sketch 1 -
Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: Unknown sand, Basic Black, Bo Bunny (a gift of love)
Ink: Sahara Sand, Going Gray, Basic Gray, Basic Black
Accessories: sponge daubers, M's black satin ribbon
Techniques: distressing, vintage values

Sketch 2 -
Stamps: Floral Symphony (Verve), Circular Sayings (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, SEI Mimosa
Ink: Versamark, Craft White
Accessories: pastels, Nestabilities, white gel pen
Techniques: poppin' pastels

Sketch 3 -
Stamps: Leaves (Verve), Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Certainly Celery, Certainly Celery dp
Ink: Certainly Celery, Night of Navy
Accessories: Bazzill mini brads, scoring blade, word window punch, M's white satin ribbon, mini glue dots
Techniques: sponging

Sketch 4 -
Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, BG Mellow, Vellum
Ink: Basic black, Versamark, Riding Hood Red, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Black ep, heat tool, paper snips, celery grosgrain ribbon, mat pack, piercing tool
Techniques: paper piercing

Sketch 5 -
Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Memory Box Raspberry Tart
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Nestabilities, scallop edge punch, M's black self-adhesive pearls, black organdy ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dots

No comments: