Monday, July 27, 2009

Limelight's Sketch Challenge

Every other week, Mandy at Limelight Papercraft's hosts a sketch challenge and includes a product focus. This week's sketch was difficult for me (& I'm not sure why???) The product focus this week was on sentiments (stamps, rub-on's, stickers). I made three attempts before I really followed the sketch. This card turned out really CAS and I like it, but I couldn't really find the sketch in it!
This card was my first attempt, late Friday night, in my roasting hot upstairs craft room. Maybe the heat warped my senses as I could not really follow the sketch. I measured out panels for my next idea before heading downstairs to the cooler temps!

So this was my second attempt! It's closer to the sketch, but still wrong! This card I would use for a masculine birthday. The only embellishment I used was the Chocolate Pearls. I love them and I don't think they would be too overpowering and turn a man off! More retired stuff here! I just can't get rid of the It's Your Birthday set. I think it is a classic!
This was my final attempt and it follows the sketch exactly. I was browsing through my stash and I found some sentiment stickers (bonus!!!). This one fit the center panel exactly. I don't know if you can see it in the photo, but I used all black pearls, except for one little butterfly who has a silver pearl for its body! I really like how this one turned out!

Here are the details for each card -

Bamboo -
Stamps: Gratitude = Joy (Unity)
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: River Rock, Old Olive, Soft Suede
Accessories: none

Happy Birthday -
Stamps: It's Your Birthday
Paper: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Parisian Breeze dsp
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown
Accessories: Kaisercraft Chocolate Pearls

Butterflies -
Paper: Unknown Sand, Unknown Ivory, Basic Black
Accessories: Cloud9Design Love Quote Sticker, MS butterfly punch, scallop edge punch, M's adhesive silver pearls, M's adhesive black pearls

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: