Monday, September 21, 2009

Some New Unity Fun


So Unity has come up with a super exciting new contest!!! It's called the Unity Bachelor Bro Challenge. It will run 7 weeks with great challenges and prizes. Unity does nothing that is small, so you will want to get in on this one!

The challenge this week was to make a date invitation card for your significant other or Bro. The catch was that you have to use Bro's favorite colors (Red, Green and Black). I made a card for my own hubby and plan to use it to request an actual date. Some couples have date nights, we don't. I would like to have that though.

I made my own collage here. I started with River Rock ink as I think it has a green tinge to it. I added Kiwi Kiss and then Old Olive on top of it. I tried to use manly types of images, thus the bottle and bar tab on top of the Retro Border background.

Here are the details for my card:

Stamps: Retro Background (Unity), Good Times (Unity), Sentiments O'Simple (Unity)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Ink: River Rock, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Basic Black
Accessories: MM black eyelets, crop-a-dile, red hemp twine, MM edge distresser, stampin' dimensionals, sponge dauber, Naturally serif die
Techniques: sponging, distressing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: