Saturday, October 31, 2009

October's Viva La Verve sketches

I totally rushed through these and thought they would end up looking like it. With a second look at them, they are alright! My camera skills still need some development. What else is new? I have some plans for improvement. I just need some free time. This first card is the the week 1 sketch for Viva La Verve. Amber's sketches are always more challenging for me, but I made it happen. The task for this card was to make a shabby chic version of this sketch. Here is my interpretation of "shabby chic".
I tried to use soft colors, distressing and faux stitching! I also used some BG paper that I thought was already distressed and also was sweet.

This card was for the third Viva La Verve sketch of October and the challenge was to use fabric on your card. I feel like I cheated on this one because I used ready made fabric embellishments. I used a felt flower and a taffeta ribbon. I suppose it doesn't matter too much or they would have sent the challenge police after me!
I attempted to replicate the swirls in the patterned paper with the swirls in the card stock from the embossing folder. I like how bright and cheery this card turned out.

By the 2nd week of October's Viva La Verve most people are tired of brown and orange (so many fall cards), so that is the twist. No brown and orange, no problem! I went all kinds of Christmas-y on them! I have been trying to stock up on Christmas and birthday cards, as that is what is most requested and right around the corner!
To jazz up this card, I added Shimmers to the die cut swirls and stickles to the snowflakes! This is a new digi-set that Julee Tilman offered just before the last release! I used it on the next sketch too!




This was the fourth and last sketch for October's Viva La Verve. Amber is so tricky, her twist this time was "no twist". What a funny lady! (Don't worry, she more than made up for it with November's 1st sketch) Anyway, I had an easier time with this sketch than most. I broke into my new Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses paper for this little cutie. I also used the white flocking that has been sitting on my desk since forever. I flocked those cute little mittens. Fun and so soft! Beware my rookie stitching around the outside of the burgundy mat!



Sketch 1 -
Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: Very Vanilla, BG Two Scoops, BG Porcelain, Candy Lane dsp
Ink: Ruby Silk Color Box
Accessories: clear ep, heat tool, Kaisercraft latte pearls, mat pack, paper piercing tool, white gel pen, Nestabilities, MM edge distresser
Techniques: faux stitching, embossing, distressing

Sketch 2 -
Stamps: Winter Mittens (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Baja Breeze, BG Mistletoe & Pear
Accessories: Waterfall Stickles, Angel Wings Shimmerz, Swirls & Scribbles sizzlet, M's white organdy ribbon

Sketch 3 -
Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: Soft Sky, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Tinkering Ink Al Fresco
Ink: Melon Mambo
Accessories: TE felt flower, white taffeta ribbon, CB D'vine swirls embossing folder, ice circle rhinstone brads, mat pack, paper piercing tool, glue dots
Techniques: embossing, paper piercing

Sketch 4 -
Stamps: Winter Mittens (Verve)
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Bravo Burgundy, BG Eskimo Kisses
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: white gel pen, Nestabilities, glue dot, stampin' dimensionals, M's silver pearls, white embroidery floss, white flock, two way glue pen, Sakura clear star gel pen

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: