Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gratitude

Yep, gratitude is sometimes elusive.  On days when my five year old really brings it me, it's tough to achieve.  Right now, the darling is standing in time out for running out of the house and hiding from Mommy.  I guess I thought that I wouldn't have to keep my eye on her for every second of the day like when she was two or three.  Guess again!  So in reaching for gratitude, I will hearken back to three and a half hours ago when we went to the local public library for story time.  She was marvelous.  She sat quietly and remained quiet while most of the other children blurted out and interrupted the librarian who was reading.  She raised her hand when she wanted to talk and waited for the librarian to call on her.  She even put her hand down when the librarian asked her to wait.  I guess the lesson here is that she can do it, just not for Mom and Dad!
But you probably came for the card, not my parenting woes and triumphs.  Today's card uses the 4th and final sketch from the June Viva La Verve sketches.  Teresa hostessed this challenge.  I decided I need to work up a few thank you cards as one of the teachers at school had a hard time finding thank you cards in my stash last week.  I saw Laurie Schmidlin use this sentiment and wanted to use it too!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details- Stamps:  Kind Words, Thankful Accents (Verve); Paper: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Springtime Vintage dsp; Ink: Baja Breeze, Always Artichoke; Accessories: Tasteful Trim XL Bigz die, Nestabilities, small oval punch, large oval punch, vanilla seam binding, SU pearls, stampin' dimensionals.

No comments: