Sunday, July 8, 2012

My Anchor

Today is my husbands' birthday, so I made this card for him.  I played along with the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoaststampers to find a sketch to get started with.  I was fussing around in my craft room looking for a masculine image and nothing really was clicking for me.  Then I saw my Spellbinders set which include this anchor die.  An idea was born.  Beside creating his birthday card, I have a few more things to get done today before he gets home.  He's been backpacking with a few friends in the mountains.  My daughter and I are going to whip up some Rice Krispie treats (as he isn't a fan of cake) and then hang up some streamers and balloons.  I might only have about an hour to get those things done.  Gotta run! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps:  Island Life (MFP); Paper: Sweet Tooth White, Basic Gray, Basic Black, MME Surf's Up, A Walk in the Park; Ink: Basic Gray, Versamark; Accessories: Scallop circle punch, circle punch, D'vine Swirls ef, clear ep, heat tool, hemp twine, scor-tape, stampin' dimensionals, glue dot, Nautical Frame and Accents dies.

1 comment:

Runs with Scissors said...

I love your card. The swirls of the ef and the dsp certainly do say ocean to me. And such a great background for your image. And I adore your "rope". Great guy card.