Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Scor-Pal & Hampton Art Tri-Shutter Card


Hello! I hope you enjoyed the Scor-Pal and Hampton Art week long feature! Today, I can share my main project that I made.  If you haven't seen what the rest of the team has made, you will definitely want to check it all out on the Scor-Pal blog. Don't forget about the team on the Hampton Art blog who have been creating like crazy with their Scor-Pal products. Be sure to see what they have designed for your pleasure!!  I offer you a Tri Shutter card
 The supplies that you will need are: 
  • Scor-Pal
  • Scor-Mat
  • 1 piece of card stock, 5 1/2" x 12" (card base)
  • 2 pieces of card stock 1 7/8" x5 3/8" (mat)
  • 1 piece of card stock 2 3/8"x 3 7/8" (mat)
  • 2 pieces of card stock 1 3/8" x 3 7/8" (mat)
  • 2 pieces of card stock 1 7/8" x 2 3/8" (mat)
  • 4 pieces of card stock 1 3/8" x 1 7/8" (mat)
  • 2 pieces of patterned paper 1 3/4" x 5 1/4"
  • 2 pieces of patterned paper 1 1/4" x 3 3/4" 
  • 4 pieces of patterned paper 1 1/4" x 1 3/4"
  • 1 piece of water color paper 2 1/4" x 3 3/4" (image)
  • 2 pieces of water color paper 1 3/4" x 2 1/4" (image)
  • Ruler
  • Craft knife/hobby blade
  • Water brush
  • Stamps
  • Ink
  • Adhesive
  • Other items to embellish
Place your 12" side of your card base against the top fence of your Scor-Pal.  Score at 2", 4", 8" and 10".   
Insert your Scor-Mat into your Scor-Pal.  Align your 5 1/2" side of your card base with the top fence.  Line your ruler up with the 1 1/2" mark on the top fence and use your craft knife to cut a slit between the 2" and 10" score lines.   
Next, line your ruler up with the 4" mark on the top fence and use your craft knife to cut a second slit in your card base between the 2" and 10" score lines.
 
At the 2" score line, create a mountain fold for the top and bottom 1 1/2" sections. 
At the 4" score line, create a mountain fold in the center section and a valley fold for the top and bottom 1 1/2" sections.   
At the 8" score line, create a valley fold in the center section and a mountain fold for the top and bottom 1 1/2" sections.   
At the 10" score line, create a valley folds for the top and bottom 1 1/2" sections.  
 
Here is a view from the top of how your mountain and valley folds will look.  
For my first image panel, I used the Hampton Art set called Home Tweet Home.  (This amazing stamp set has 21 stamps in it!!) I stamped the bird cage and the chain images in Colorbox Archival Dye Ink in Wicked Black which I had stamped off once to get a nice gray color.  Then I stamped one of the bird images (there are six different birds in this set) in Colorbox Archival Dye Ink in Mudslide.  I used my water brush to water color the bird with Colorbox Archival Dye Ink in Mermaid. 
For my second image panel, I used the tree branch with leaves.  I stamped it in opposite directions with the Mudslide ink.  Again, I used my water brush to water color the leaves on the branches with Colorbox Archival Dye Ink in Putty.  Finally, I stamped this sentiment in Wicked Black ink.   
For my final image panel, I stamped a different tree branch in Mudslide ink and water colored the leaves with Putty ink.  Then I stamped a different bird image on the branch in Mudslide ink and water colored it with Mermaid ink.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment up above in Wicked Black ink.
A final bit of embellishing with stamped chains, fussy cut tree branches and a loopy die cut finishes the card. 
 
I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  Thanks for reading all the way through it! 
 
Details - Stamps: Home Tweet Home (Hampton Art); Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Spice Cake dp, Elegant Soiree dp; Ink: Wicked Black (Hampton Art), Mudslide (Hampton Art), Putty (Hampton Art), Mermaid (Hampton Art); Accessories: Scor-Pal, Scor-Mat, craft knife, Aqua Painter, Apron Border die, adhesive. 
 

2 comments:

Teresa said...

such a pretty card!

May said...

Stunning work... Love this card!! Thank you for the great tutorial.. Hugs May x x