Monday, January 21, 2013

Friends and Creative Ribbon

Welcome to Monday and another Friends of Speedy TV challenge.  This week (number 56) we are getting creative with our ribbon.  I used some thin organdy ribbon and a needle to create my rose stem and leaves.    I know that there are a multitude of ways to use ribbon creatively and I can't wait to see what you do!  The rest of my card is fairly basic and just like I like it.  I embossed my card base and rounded a couple corners.  I die cut a black mat and then topped it with the faux stitched and ribbon stitched panel.  Then I popped up my rose on top of the stem.  A small greeting in the corner finishes things off.
Don't forget that Mark's Finest Papers offers a stamp set to one lucky participant.  This week that set is called Blessings and it's super cute!  Here's a look at it.
 
That's all for this post, but stay tuned for another  post later today!!
 
Details - Stamps: Love, Love, Love (MFP), Ivy & Blossoms (MFP); Paper: Sweet Tooth White, Black Licorice; Ink: London Fog, Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Nestabilities, Copic Markers, paper snips, 1/8" organdy ribbon, needle, hole punch, So Trendy M-Bossabilities, corner rounder, stampin' dimensionals.
 
 

3 comments:

Janine said...

I love how you have done this. Pretty card.

Marisa said...

Great EF in the BG and love how you used the ribbon :)

Kate said...

Very pretty! What a wonderful use of ribbon.