Monday, August 12, 2013

Friends and Glitter

We are back to another Monday and a new Friends of Speedy TV challenge.  This week, we are all about the glitter, no matter how hard it is to photograph.  Perhaps, I should have gone with a silver glitter on my snowflakes, but I wanted them to look frosted, so I opted for some white glitter.  They do look frosted, but it's super hard to capture in a picture.  The glitter challenge instantly made me think of Christmas cards, so I resurrected the Winter Scenes set and used a sentiment and the snowflakes.  I liked the idea of the light blue base to work on.  Now that I think about it, I wonder if the white glitter would show up better on a navy blue.  Since this was a quick card, maybe I will try that next.  I wouldn't mind having a couple of these on hand.  It's really flat and super mailable!
 
Don't forget that Mark's Finest Papers is quite generous and offers a free stamp set to one lucky participant.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
 
Details - Stamps: Winter Scenes (MFP); Paper: Bashful Blue, Neenah Solar Crest White; Ink: Versamark; Accessories: Heat & Stick powder, Pink Paislee coconut glitter, white embossing powder, heat tool, stampin' dimensionals, linen & canvas impression plate (PTI).

1 comment:

Janine said...

A very pretty card - pain to get a good photo with glitter though! Darker blue might show more but I do like the pretty pale blue.