Monday, October 28, 2013

Friends and Halloween (10/28/13)

Happy Monday Friends!  I'm back with another Friends of Speedy TV challenge.  This week the challenge revolves around Halloween.  When Mark's Finest Papers released the What a Scream set in September, I knew that I wanted to make a card with the arching kitty in a graveyard.  For my card, I stamped in a fence from Spring Things and then sponged in a night sky.  I die cut and sponged some headstones and then stamped some of the phrases from What a Scream.  Then I stamped my kitty and sponged it a bit darker gray.  I assembled my graveyard scene and then finished off the bottom edge with some die cut and sponged grass.
 
Let's not forget that Mark's Finest Papers offers a free stamp set for one lucky participant.  This week, the stamp set being offered is called Halloween Selections.  How appropriate is that!
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
 
Details - Stamps: What a Scream (MFP), Spring Things (MFP); Paper: Neena Solar Crest White, Basic Gray, Handsome Hunter, Amuse Black; Ink: London Fog, Tuxedo Black, Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Night of Navy, Versamark; Accessories: Spellbinders Nested Tombstones, sponge dauber, paper snips, Fresh Cut Grass die, stampin' dimensionals. 


7 comments:

Katie said...

Just love this card...so fun...the cat is darling...and love the way you 'repurposed' the fence from an Easter/Spring stamp set...

Marisa said...

Love how you used the cat!! Darling card.

Janine said...

What a great scene - like the sentiments on the grave stones and the cat adds a fun element.

Davi said...

GREAT job on the scene Toni! The grave stones are great with the cat! You did a fab job on the sky too.

DJ Rants said...

So fun!! Love this cute Halloween scene!! Great idea to go monochromatic, so creative!!

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow this is beautiful Toni. I love everything about your card. Just so pretty. AJ-

Cheryl said...

What a fun Halloween card! Love those headstones, and your spooky sponged sky is awesome!