Saturday, January 7, 2017

Friends of Flourishes & Shimmer And Shine

Good morning! Today the Friends of Flourishes are sharing another Design Team challenge and our response to it. The hostess for today is Kren and she has chosen Shimmer and Shine. It's a lovely theme for a new year.  I decided to go with a beautiful floral set called Camellia Love.  
When I was in grade school, our family had two large camellia bushes on either side of our front door. My sister and I used to pluck the leaves and pretend that they were dollars in our playhouse. I wonder if she remembers that also. My shimmer and shine may be hard to see on my card, but I promise it is there. I clear embossed the leaves of the camellia because I remember those leaves having an amazing gloss. I also colored over my petals with a shimmery gel pen. I made my own background by using silver and pink spray ink over a die cut mask.

The rest of the Design Team has beautiful creations for you as well.  Be sure to stop by and see them! Follow these links to see the rest of the design team:   


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.

ETA:  If you are not already following my blog, you can scroll down the right hand side column to do so. With Flourishes coming out with new stamps, you will want to follow the Flourishes blog as well.  You can do that via the Subscribe button at the top of the Flourishes home page.  

Details - Stamps: Camellia Love (Flourishes); Paper: Smooth White, Bazzill Pink; Ink: Tuxedo Black, Versamark Ink; Accessories: Shapeabilities Botanical Swirls, Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Silver Smooch Spritz, Yellow Stickles, Dylusions Bubblegum Pink mica spray, Zig Painty silver, Sakura Clear Star gel pen, Scor-tape, Stampin' dimensionals.

4 comments:

Gloria said...

Awesome Toni!
So beautiful and love it!
Hugs,

wannabcre8tive said...

A very beautiful card, Toni. I love your pretty blooms and design.

Davi said...

ABsolutely beautiful Toni!! i LOVE THE BACKGROUND YOU CREATED AND THE SHIMMER ON THE FLOWER. Fun memories about using the leaves for money :)

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Love the way you created the background for the beautifully colored image.