Saturday, March 7, 2009

So many great stamp companies...

so little time! {Oh, I might add so little money:( }

Really, that is how I feel. There are so many wonderful stamp companies and designers out there. I could never leave my stamp room, but then how would I send out my creations.

Verve is another great stamp company I really like. Julee Tilman heads up that company and has three great blogs that I follow. She has an amazing design team that supports her. Amber Hight draws 4 sketches a month that anyone can participate in and win some Verve new releases! (And wouldn't you know it, Amber designs for another stamp company I just love!) You can find Amber's sketch posted on Friday in the Verve
Forum
on SCS under Viva La Verve! There is a twist with each sketch and it's fun to try them.

So what I am getting at is that I did all four sketches for the month of February. Did I win? Nope, but I did all four and I am proud of that! I like some of my cards better than others, but isn't that how it always goes?

This was the first sketch and the twist was to use embossing somewhere on your card. I embossed the cross my vellum oval and then embossed my sentiment below.










This is the second sketch and the twist here was to NOT use any patterned paper. That was tough, but I used textured paper and an embossing plate to get around that! You can't see the embossing on the Navy circle in the picture, but it is there irl!


This was the third sketch and the twist was to make the card monochromatic! I made this one with my dh in mind because he loves green above all colors. I got this fantastic dp from Jennifer Buck, an artist I greatly admire.



This is sketch #4 and my personal favorite of the bunch! The twist here was to use acetate on your card somewhere. My card base is acetate! I love how this turned out!

Details can be found in my SCS gallery links (only because this feels like a monster post!)

All products used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: