Monday, August 10, 2009

Got Mojo?

I made this card following Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday sketch 98. It's a contest week, but I don't really have too much hope about winning. I like my card and I think it's a good first try for kirigami, but it's not a super-knock-your-socks-off kind of card.

So Kirigami, in my basic understanding, is paper folding and cutting. You know, like the paper snowflakes that kids (of all ages) make to decorate for Winter. I had fun with it and I chose this particular design (Cherry Blossom) because it reminded me of some of the flowers that you find in Verve Stamps.

I went with a simple sentiment and a simple bow.

Here are the details:

Stamps: Circular Sayings (Verve)
Paper: Sahara Sand, Basic Black, BG Scarlet's Letter , Vellum, Origami Paper, Whisper White
Ink: StazOn Jet Black
Accessories: paper snips, M's black satin ribbon, glue dot, stampin' dimensionals, 1 3/8" circle punch
Techniques: kirigami

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: