Saturday, August 29, 2009

I {heart} Verve in August, take 2

...just like I have in earlier months! There were four Viva La Verve sketches for the month of August. This first one is already on my blog and you can see it right here. In this post I have the 3 other sketches from this month. This one to the left is the 2nd sketch from August's Viva La Verve and the twist was to use an edge punch! I busted out my eyelet edge punch as I thought it went with the feel of the dp.
This next sketch is from week 3 and its' twist was a twist of tags. I altered my wooden star after determining that the birthday wishes sentiment fit nicely. Funny thing, the sticky cuts star was the same size as the wooden star. I wish I had not taken the backing off of it or maybe it would have been better to stick it to some white. I think I liked the way it looked with the backing on it better. Oh well! I got out my Cameo Coral for this card as it matched the SEI Mimosa sparkly dp really well. The card base looked a little blah so I used some Versamark and a random star stamp to give it some subtle decoration.


This last card is made with the sketch from week 4. The twist for this week was to use your favorite color combination. I didn't really use my favorite color combination, but I did use my favorite colors, purple and green. I recently got this new SU! dp called Cottage Wall and I love it! I found that I had some matching pearls from Michael's and added them. I like the elegance and class that pearls add to a card.






Here are the details for each card:

Butterfly card -
Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, BG Urban Prairie
Ink: Melon Mambo, So Saffron
Accessories: Eyelet border punch, white taffeta ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, Sakura clear star gel pen, sponge dauber
Techniques: sponging

Star card -
Stamps: Circular Sayings (Verve), star in background (Stampendous)
Paper: Cameo Coral, Whisper White, Vellum, Rose Red, SEI Mimosa
Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Versamark
Accessories: wooden star, cropadile, nestabilities, sticky cuts, ultrafine glitter, J's thin satin ribbon (white & coral), glue dots

Purple and green card -
Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve), Leaves (Verve)
Paper: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Cottage Wall dp
Ink: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Nestabilities, M's self-adhesive pearls, sponge dauber, stampin' dimensionals
Techniques: sponging


All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise specified.

No comments: