Thursday, August 20, 2009

SCS Challenges with Unity

Throughout the week, I usually get to play a few challenges and I like to use my Unity Stamps on them! This past weekend was VSN and I usually make a least a couple cards for that. This card is made with a new stamp set I recently acquired. This one was for a VSN challenge to make a card from a scrapbook sketch! Talk about fun and opening up a new wealth of inspiration! Wow!
I paper pieced the balloon. What was I thinking? I know better than to attempt paper piecing like this during a VSN challenge. I nearly ran out of time!!!




This card was made for the first challenge of VSN on Friday night. Faith (MarkiesMom)told a fabulous story and challenged crafters to make a card with a flower and a circle. Truly a challenge for all to complete! Thanks Faith! I used my Unity sentiments and rounded the corners to finish it off. I used the most recent sketch from Stamps and Smiles as a jumping off place.





This was for this week's Clean and Simple Stamping challenge. MissBoo challenged us to make a masculine CAS card. Masculine cards are really hard for me.

Argh! Sorry for the interruption! My 3yo daughter was coloring on my card for tomorrow's post! We just had a lesson on how to use the eraser! Thank goodness she used a pencil and a light touch.

Oh yes, masculine cards are hard. I feel like I shouldn't use any ribbon and like I should use hardware? What's up with that? So here is my no ribbon, lots of hardware manly card.

Finally, we reach my daughter's favorite card of the bunch. She loves my pink owl,me...not so much. But the challenge, called Ham and Swiss on Rye, called for a card in pink and yellow with a window. This is what I came up with and the pink owl was inspired by the pink and yellow wood grain paper.


Here are the specifics for the card:

Balloon card -
Stamps: Love in the Air (Unity)
Paper: Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, DCWV dp, SU print packs, SU pattern packs, almost amethyst
Ink: Memory Box Cocoa
Accessories: clear ep, heat tool, paper snips, stampin' dimensionals
Techniques: embossing, paper piecing

Flower card -
Stamps: Simply Said (Unity)
Paper: Almost Amethyst, Whisper White
Ink: Lovely Lilac
Accessories: Pretties kit, scallop circle punch, paper snips, 1"circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, white organdy ribbon, Angel Wings Shimmerz, glue dots, stampin' dimensionals, corner rounder
Techniques: distressing (flower)

Manly card -
Stamps: Gratitude=Joy (Unity)
Paper: Confetti White, Basic Black, Always Artichoke
Ink: Basic Black, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke
Accessories: corner slot punch, mini brads, stampin' dimensionals
Techniques: thumping

Pink Owl card -
Stamps: Mix Up of Cuteness (Unity)
Paper: Barely Banana, Very Vanilla, acetate, BG Eva
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown, Pink Passion, Only Orange, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: white gel pen, Nestabilities, M's pink rhinestones

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

3 comments:

Katy said...

great cards! I really like the masculine one. perfect!

Linda said...

Those cute card.... but love hot air balloon to cute!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Wonderful cards, you sure have been busy! I LOVE the hot air balloon layout and the beautiful design using our Sketch from Stamps and Smiles!

Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jennifer :)