Monday, May 3, 2010

Learning to Color


I went to a class this weekend in Bellingham at a local stamp store where Karen Lockhart taught a colored pencil class.   I had a ton of fun.  These are the images that I colored, in order of how I practiced.  I think I can see progress and growth in each.  I learned that the paper I use is important, the pencils I use are important and that layering color is also important.

This will mean a substantial investment for me if I follow everything she suggested.  I am going to start small.  I plan to keep practicing, even though my colored pencil choices are really quite limited.  I really had a fabulous time and the 2 1/2 hours flew by!  Next time, I will stay for the second class that she teaches directly afterward.  An added bonus that the store offered was a discount for purchases made before or after class. 


Now, you know that I took advantage of that!  I picked up some Lockhart stamps to keep practicing, some gorgeous paper and a new set of Nesties.  Ssshhhh!  Don't tell my hubby!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Karen Lockhart, Hero Arts; Ink: Black, Pink Passion; Paper: Neenah Class White, Barely Banana, unknown dp, unknown notecards; Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, corner rounder, stampin' dimensionals.

No comments: