Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sweet Little Changito

Happy Thursday!  It's a Ways To Use It kind of challenge day.  Hannah is our hostess today and she asked us to use a child in our image or make a card for a child!  I couldn't resist this sweet little Changito character from Stampendous.  That little monkey reminds me so much of my daughter.  She always wants to be on her Dad's shoulders or his back.  He is very happy to oblige.  I think I will stamp a Happy Birthday sentiment inside and my daughter can give it to her Dad for his birthday in a couple of weeks.  I was going to quick and easy when I stamped this card.  I stamped my image first and then embossed the oval shape around it.  (Note to self:  Next time make sure it is a bit more balanced vertically).  Then I colored it and stamped my sentiment.  After that, my card felt like it needed a bit more.  I thought about it and came up with some cute little Verve heart stamps and used a red ink that matched my copic marker colored mouth.

On a personal note, the family is heading back to Winthrop this weekend for a little warmer temperatures.  My hubby is making it hard for me to get my craft on.  Never fear...the week after this is the buddy hike (no girls allowed), so I can get crafting then!  I'll leave you with a little picture that I always take of my girl when we are in Winthrop.  She's a bit of a wreck, as we were camping without water and power!!

Thanks for coming by and have a fabulous day!

Details - Stamps: Changito PiggyBack, Hang On To You (Stampendous), Love Notes (Verve); Paper: Sweet Tooth White; Ink: Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Nestabilities, Copic Markers, Corner Chomper.



No comments: