Monday, November 11, 2013

Friends and Torn Paper

Good Monday Morning and Happy Veteran's Day to all of those who have given of themselves or their families in order for me to enjoy my freedoms.  I do appreciate it each day.  Today's challenge with the Friends of Speedy TV is to use torn paper on your card.  I have to admit that this stumped me for a while and I did what I normally do when I am stumped.  I looked around blog land until I found some inspiration.  It really didn't take me too long until I stumbled upon a sketch that I saw Karen Giron use on one of her cards.  After seeing this card, it made sense for me to use the torn edge like any other border punch. 
Let's remember that Mark's Finest Papers sponsors this challenge and offers a free stamp set to one lucky participant each week.  This week's stamp set that is up for grabs is called Pumpkins and Sunflowers.  I don't have this set in my personal collection and I'm sad about it.  Don't miss out on your chance.  There are no special tools needed for a torn paper challenge.  I hope you will play along.  Here is a look at the set.
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Details - Stamps: Be Virtuous (MFP), Marsh Silhouettes (MFP); Paper: Very Vanilla, GKD White, Old Olive, JoAnn's dp pack; Ink: Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Copic Markers, paper snips, corner chomper, Linen & Canvas impression plate (PTI), stampin' dimensionals.

3 comments:

Janine said...

Toni - I agree it looks a great set to win. I like the subtlety of your torn edge - nice colours and card.

DJ Rants said...

Gorgeous!! Love how you made the torn border, so beautiful!!

Davi said...

Beautiful Toni! I love the way you tore your edge to create a border, very clever and look so pretty with your image ;)