Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Another Witty Inspired Card

Jessica Witty published this sketch in Papercraft's Go To Sketches.  I love her sketches!  I really layered this one up, for me.  I hope you can still see the sketch.  I placed a bow where her sentiment was and the tree is there in place of the triangle shape. 

I have a confession to make.  I agonized over cutting into the sheet music.  It was in a piano book and it is the music and lyrics to "O Christmas Tree".  It was totally fitting, but it went against every bone in my body to tear out a page and then cut it.  I have such respect for books (and music) that it felt illegal.  Well, that guilt melted away when I saw how perfect the sheet music worked with the image.  I hope you like it too!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Details - Stamps: Solemn Stillness; Paper: Whisper White, Bravo Burgandy, Old Olive, sheet music; Ink: Old Olive, Versamark; Accessories: silver ep, heat tool, top note die, paper snips, sheer burgundy ribbon, glue dots, stampin' dimensionals, petals-a-plenty ef.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Love your card! Sometimes I have the same feeling about books... I tend to pick them up at garage sales, etc, where I know they'll just be thrown out, anyway. Then I feel better that I've saved them from death and given them new life as art supplies!

Jessica Witty
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal