Saturday, October 2, 2010

So Thankful

I made this card in honor of the staff at Home Place.  They cared for my father-in-law when he was too ill for us to care for him at home.  He had Alzheimer's Disease and passed 3 years ago.  I was prompted to make this card by Carolyn King's challenge and an amazing prize that she is offering.  But really, like she states, the real prize here is making some feel special and appreciated.

Other challenges played into the design of this card.  The sketch and leaves come from the most current Limelight Papercraft's sketch and product focus.  The color scheme comes from the current Our Creative Corner Challenge.  The main panel design comes from Maria's World Card Making Day challenge to not use patterned paper. 


Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Gratitude=Joy (Unity); Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip; Ink: Cajun Craze, Old Olive, More Mustard; Accessories: stampin' dimensionals, Chit chat rub-ons.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

This is a lovely card Toni, great autumn colours. I remember Bill very well, especially drinking with him, Teedie and my parents down The Tavern on my visit to Seattle.

Unknown said...

Love this clean and simple card. I'm definitely a less is more kinda girl. Simply stunning. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner.