Tuesday, February 15, 2011

So Many Challenges...

...so little time!  I have so many ideas floating around in my tiny little brain.  I just don't have enough time to sit with my crafty stuff.  Here is a card I made for the mini VSN.  Michelle challenged crafters to "slim down".  That meant that crafters would have to make a card with two layers of card stock, an encouraging stamp and her favorite color, kraft.  No problem....a card was born. 

I had a wonderfully crafty weekend and then my mojo took a little break!  At the same time, the kids ramped up at work and so that leaves me no time to plan out cards in my head. 

For this card, I used a background builder type stamp for the hearts and then used rub-on clouds.  Have I ever mentioned that I love rub-ons?  I pierced some holes and knotted some red embroidery floss.  I seem to recall seeing some of this from Lisa Johnson first.  I punched out an oval and stamped my sentiment on the card base!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Blue Skies (Verve), Lovely Bits & Baubles (Unity); Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake; Ink: Crumb Cake; Accessories: SU rub-ons, embroidery thread, stampin' dimensionals, large oval punch.

No comments: