Sunday, May 29, 2011

Christmas in May?

Weird, I know!  But making Christmas cards in May, June, July, August and every month put me way ahead of the game last year.  I'm willing to do it again.  I reached pretty far back into my stamp collection for this one.  I resurrected Paint Prints to make this distressed looking Poinsettia.  I combined it with a more recent embossing folder and sentiment for May's Christmas card.  I used my Dandelion Sharpie again to get the gold-ish rhinestones I placed in my flower center.
It's a pretty generic sketch.  The hardest thing about this card was getting the embossing folder to lightly impress.  I had to move far off the regular sandwich for this light imprint.  I abandoned cutting plates and just used a couple of shims and a one of the black Big Shot accessories for die cuts.

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Paint Prints, Four the Holidays; Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso; Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Early Espresso; Accessories: M's rhinestones, dandelion sharpie, MM edge distresser, stampin' dimensionals, Petals A Plenty embossing folder. 


No comments: