Friday, May 13, 2011

Rosemary is for Remembrance

I just looked it up and have learned that Rosemary has stood for remembrance since ancient times.   It has been used as a symbol of love at weddings and funerals for ages. 

My husband has a funeral to attend tomorrow.  I volunteered to go with him as I also knew the young man that has passed.  My loving husband recognizes that I don't "do" funerals well and has allowed me to take a pass on this one.  He will represent us well, I know.

This card was made for the young man's "adopted" grandmother.  She is the mother of a very good friend of his and has acted as a benefactor upon more than one occasion for their ventures. 

**********

I used a Flourishes Release Challenge sketch to flesh this card out!  I stayed very close to the original sketch and just love the way it turned out.  This could be a new go to sketch for me!  for a little extra something, I rounded a couple of corners.

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Herbs (Flourishes); Paper: Very Vanilla, River Rock, Always Artichoke, BG Perhaps; Ink: River Rock, Always Artichoke; Accessories: Nestabilities, sponge dauber, Tasteful Trim XL die, River Rock double-stitched ribbon, Studio 18 rhinestones.



No comments: