Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fabric and Butterflies


I had to play along with May's Get Your Diva On challenge.  It was a toughie for me though.  Diva Amy chose to have players incorporate fabric.  I'm not so confident when it comes to fabric.  That is my mother's domain.  I'll take paper anyday!  I gave it my best shot though.

I used my Flutterby die and some white tulle.  On the first photo, it just looks like I have some texture going on for my butterflies.  A close up shot will reveal how the edges of the tulle curl up and give it a little more dimension. I accented the center of each butterfly with some embossed and colored vellum and a light stickling!

I called on a CPS sketch to get me started on this card and I love the little banner sentiment at the bottom of the card.  I embossed it on white to bring a little more amethyst to the card. 

Today, my sweet little girl leaves for Disneyland with her a couple of her aunties, a couple of her cousins and one grandmother.  She's a big girl now, almost five years old.  She's up for the adventure and I highly doubt she will miss Mommy and Daddy!


Thanks for stopping by! 

Details - Stamps: Chicks Rule (Verve), Egg-stra Special (Verve), Thank You sentiment (Verve); Paper: Almost Amethyst, Whisper White, BG Wisteria, vellum; Ink: Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst, Versamark; Accessories: white ep, heat tool, white tulle, Star Dust Stickles, Sakura clear star gel pen, needle and thread, white beads, Flutterby die (Verve), stampin' dimensionals.

1 comment:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty card. I've never used tulle but see many cards out there in blogland using it now. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I really appreciate it!