Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sailing, Sailing



 I love this card!  It's one of the cards I made for the Pirate Party VSN mini.  My friend, Diane, set up a challenge to represents the sails of a ship.  Per her challenge, players were to use fabric on their card. 

I loaded up some card stock with many strips of scor-tape and then flattened my brown gingham over the card stock.  Then I die cut the gingham and card stock with one of my Nesties.  I trimmed up my edges and called it good! 

I went for a CAS design in honor of the time Diane and I served on the SCS CAS DT and because it was VSN and I had 45 minutes to created my card!

The main event is coming up soon, I hope you will play along.  For more information, check it out here.  Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Simply Home (Ippity); Paper: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Soft Suede; Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz; Accessories: Nestabilities, sponge dauber, swiss dots ef, pear pizzazz seam binding, studio 18 rhinestones, eyelet border punch, brown gingham fabric, scor-tape, stampin' dimensionals, glue dots, corner chomper.