Thursday, June 29, 2017

Using Strips!

Today's card is for the Ways To Use It challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Sabrina is our challenge hostess and she decided to go with a theme of strips. There are so many things that you can do to meet this challenge. She gave a long list of techniques to choose from. Do check it out.

My card, of course, uses none of them. Sorry Sabrina! I did created a striped with strips type of background to fill the negative space of my die cut star. Then I embossed my sentiment on a strip of vellum! I stamped my top layer with a couple of different background stamps for interest. I felt like my card needed just a bit more. I messed with some sequins and rhinestones and then finally settled on edging the die cut negative and the outside of the square layer with a Sakura clear star gel pen. It's subtle, but it works for me.

Thanks for looking!

Details - Stamps: Dude (Verve), French Filigree, Linen background; Paper: Whisper White, Black Licorice, vellum, Momenta dp; Ink: Versamark, Smoky Slate; Accessories: Spellbinders Star Nestabilities, white embossing powder, heat tool, Scor-Tape, stampin' dimensionals, sponge dauber, Sakura Clear star gel pen.

No comments: