Saturday, September 25, 2010

My First PTI Blog Hop


 

I read about the PTI blog hop this morning and decided to play along.  If I read correctly, you only need one PTI product to play along.  If I interpreted that incorrectly, I apologize.  I have only recently began my acquisition of PTI products, starting with the Canvas/Linen impression plate. 

This blog hop is all about learned skills or techniques.  I discovered this woodgraining technique a while ago and truly love it.  It certainly isn't a new technique, but sometimes it's helpful to rediscover older techniques. 

I used this week's Fall To Layout to help flesh out my card.  I love the clean and simple look that allows the woodgrain technique to take center stage!  The woodgrain texture is backed by the subtle PTI impression plate texture.  I have finished it off with a simple sentiment.


I added this close up photo of the corner of the card just to show the subtle texture of the impression plate that is so nice!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Fluttering By (Verve); Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Bordering Blue; Ink: Night of Navy, Going Gray, Bordering Blue, Craft White; Accessories: Canvas impression plate, Scallop template, corner chomper, stampin' dimensionals.

22 comments:

Maureen said...

very cool!!! I believe you interpreted the blog hop requirements correctly...or we both are wrong!! LOL Be prepared to spend a LOT more money...PTI has fabulous and good quality product...I was hooked with my first order 2 years ago!!

Pam W. said...

Love your card and love that you used blue for the woodgrain. I agree with Maureen, you will be hooked on PTI products. Great job with the blog hop.

Vanessa said...

Beautiful! Love that blue woodgrain! Vanessa x

Karen C said...

What a great clean card and an awesome technique!

Anonymous said...

yeah, that IS awesome! I LOVE myself some woodgrain! LOL! great ideas...oldies BUT goodies!!!!!

Rhonda said...

Clean and classy!

Aimes said...

Love the CAS design of this card - fabulous!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Cathy Weber said...

Welcome to PTI! You have made a really nice card and I really love the blue woodgrain. Enjoy your first blog hop with us.

Sue Ann said...

VERY NICE~

Laura Isham said...

great first entry to the PTI blog hops! Love how clean it is with all the added touches that make you look at it again!

Kelly S. said...

ACK love how you did the woodgrain! So cool in blue!

Marge said...

Yep, love that blue woodgrain too!!!

Jen Carter said...

What a great job you did! Welcome to PTI...it is very addicting!! :)

peggysue said...

Welcome to the PTI fanatic . . er fan club. Great card!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this card and if you had to buy one PTI product, that was the best!

Traveling Mama said...

Cool texture! Love the Clean and simple style! Hugs from Denmark!

Amy said...

Great technique! Never tried that before but now I'll have to!

Janelle said...

Nice woodgrain technique and congrats on your first blog hop! Have fun growing your PTI collection... it's very addictive!

Babies-Beth said...

A very masculine card- congrats on a first bloghop- hope it's not your last!!!!

Nerina said...

Aaaaah. Happy first blog hop and welcome to your new addiction :0)!! This is wonderful - I love the colour you chose for the wood. Lovely patina to it! And that impression plate is fabulous - I love the way you used it here!

Kristii said...

What a fantastic card!!! The woodgrain is perfect!!!!

Taheerah said...

Love that blue washed woodgrain, what a lovely idea!