Saturday, March 3, 2012

Flashin' Back on Saturday

Hello Folks!  Happy Saturday to you.  It's a cloudy and wet day in my world.  My hubby has gone to cut wood and my daughter has run across the yard to play at her grandmother's house.  That means it's time for me to do a few chores and get my craft on.  But before I head to my craft room, I thought I would play along with the most recent Flashback Friday ChallengeJen W.  is the current hostess and is challenging us to find out first paper pieced project!  I reached way back to May 2008 to find this little number.  I originally created it for a Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  So the design is not my own, but based on this card by Jennifer Meyer. 

This card really embodies what I love about playing along with Flashback Fridays.  Just look at my photography and how out of focus my card is in this picture.  I have come a long way.  I can see this in my card design too.  I love to have some perspective and be able to identify where I have grown!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Merci, Birthday Whimsy; Paper: Barely Banana, Pixie Pink, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, striped dsp from DCWV the stack III; Ink: StazOn Black: Accessories: SU Light Pink organdy, Scrap Essentials Neutrals twill tape, random red grosgrain from my ribbon drawer , SAMJ, corner rounder, glue dots, stampin' dimensionals.

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Awesome..really love your post...that's what the challenge is all about:) pink.... I love all the pink!!! Thanks for playing with us at Flashback Friday 21.0!

nwilliams6 said...

Such a pretty 'fly and gorgeous papers! Cute card!!!

Jen W. said...

I love that sweet, striped butterfly and the ribbon tabs. And I feel the Sam about Flashback Friday - makes me feel chuffed to see how far I've come as a crafter! Thanks for playing along!

Lisa Arana said...

It is so fun to see all these flashback cards. Your first one was super cute!