Saturday, March 17, 2012

An Inspired Saturday

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Oops, no green here.  I guess you will have to pinch me.  It's been a rather uninspiring day today around the home front.  My hubby baked a loaf of curried lentil bread and it was delicious.  I made it to the grocery store and picked up all the ingredients for my contribution to the Girl's Night feast.  We have a green theme going.  I am bringing Chicken Alfredo with Spinach Fettuccine and cocktails made with Midori.  We have plans to chat it up in the hot tub after dinner and one of the babies goes to bed.

What's that?  Oh, my card.  That is indeed where the inspiration comes in.  You see, one of my friends was shy a card for the birthday girl tonight.  So, I pulled up today's inspiration challenge, saw the striped wallpaper and remembered this amazing card and had a go at it.  I love how it turned out!  I can see dozens of variations coming out of this one.  It's also a sneak peek of a new Mark's Finest Papers set called Flaps My Wattles that is being released very soon! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Flaps My Wattles (Mark's Finest Papers); Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black; Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Groovy Guava, So Saffron, Tuxedo Black; Accessories: corner chomper, glaze pen, stampin' dimensionals. 

2 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Wish I was going to the Girl's Night too - Midori use to be one of my favs back in the day. What a fun card - love the sketch and your super fun papers.

ChristineCreations said...

Pretty colors together! Nice sharp clean design!