Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday with Friends, the Easter Version


Hello Friends!  Today  begins the new challenge with the Friends of Speedy TV.  The challenge for today is to create an Easter card.  I struggled with my card, something fierce, but not because it was an Easter card.  You see, we had a monster week at my house last week and I think I may have burned the candle at both ends a bit!  On Saturday, at the first performance of my daughter's play, I began to feel sick.  It progressed and I spent most of yesterday in bed.  I would feel a bit better and make a bit of my card.  I spent all day on this baby!

I didn't have any Easter sentiments in my Mark's Finest Papers arsenal, so I used a computer generated sentiment to accompany my pansies from the Spring Flowers Stamp Set.  I die cut out the sentiment and sponged around the edges to match the purple tones in my pansies.  

I hope you will find time this week to play along with the Friends of Speedy TV challenge.  There is a prize on the line this week, the fabulous Pussy Willows stamp set.  In another bit of good news, there are three more fabulous stampers joining the Friends of Speedy TV design team.  I'd like to welcome Tammylee, Barb and Davi to the team!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Spring Flowers (MFP); Paper: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Springtime Vintage dsp; Ink: Elegant Eggplant; Accessories: WCC, blender pens, MME Lush double stitched ribbon, sponge dauber, Nestabilities, M's rhinestones, stampin' dimensionals, paper snips.

6 comments:

Davi said...

Thanks so much for the welcome :) Sure wouldnt know that your card was a struggle! I love the dp combo with the pretty pansies.

Kathy Bradley said...

Lovely and elegant card. Such pretty DP you've used - and it looks wonderful with your pretty flowers!

Benzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Benzi said...

Yep, that was me that deleted the comment above...had a problem.

So pretty, Toni. That dp is great and so are the yummy pansies.
Sorry you've had a bad weekend health wise. Hope you're better today.

Melisa Waldorf said...

What a beautiful Easter card!! Love the coloring on your pansies!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Toni! I love the colours.