Monday, March 5, 2012

A Monday With Sympathy

The Friends of Speedy TV are making sympathy cards for today's challenge.  It's never fun to make them when you need them.  I like to have some done in advance, so I think this makes a good challenge.  With my sympathy card, I went for the idea of wheat fields waving in the wind and how peaceful can seem.  I tried to make everything else understated.  I went with neutral tones and did a little bit of sponging.  My embossing folder really gave me a crisp impression, so I went back over it with my bone folder to try and tone it down too.  I rounded a couple corners to soften up all the straight edges and popped up the image and sentiment panel.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a chance to play along with us this week at Speedy TV.

Details - Stamps: Buffalo Spring (Mark's Finest Papers), A Walk In The Woods (Mark's Finest Papers); Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla; Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso; Accessories: Just My Type ef, Finial Press ef, dotted scalloped ribbon punch, 1/8" early espresso taffeta ribbon, sponge dauber, scor-tape, stampin' dimensionals.

1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

This is a soft and very pretty card. The EF is lovely and the image lovely!