Monday, August 9, 2010

CAS Monday and FTL

Another CAS Monday and this week, the challenge is a garden theme challenge.  I have ladybugs in my garden and they were all over my dill when I was out picking on Saturday.  I bought 1500 ladybugs for my husband for his greenhouse.  He had an aphid problem that he wanted to control naturally.  It only cost about $30.00 and was highly entertaining for my 4 year old.  The added benefit being that after the ladies escaped the greenhouse, they found their way to one of our gardens.  Those lovely ladies have set about work in there!

I used this week's Fall To Layout from the clean and simple stamping blog.  The sketch just screamed ladybugs to me!  After perusing other submissions today, I wasn't the only one who got that impression!  You know the saying, "great minds think alike", it must be true!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Daisies4You (Stamps of Life); Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black; Ink: Basic Black, Versamark; Accessories: Black ep, heat tool, paper snips, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, stampin' dimensionals, corner rounder.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

What a great ladybird card Toni, guaranteed to bring a smile.

Anonymous said...

Hi Toni -

Would you be willing to share any more specifics on the how-to's? Love this card. TFS. Maureen

Ravengirl said...

Maureen,

I would have replied directly, but you are anonymous. The card is fairly simple. I punched 3 red and 3 black 1 1/4" circles. I embossed the dots on the red with Versamark, black embossing powder and a small circle stamp from my Daisies4You set. I then cut the red embossed circles in half and glued them to the black circles. Finally, I punched 3 1/2" circles in black and glued them onto the red. I popped all of the ladybugs up off of the white base, onto which I stamped the sentiment and rounded the bottom corners. Hope that helps!