Sunday, November 30, 2008

In Honor of Black Friday...

and a sketch offered up at the Limelight Papercraft Blog, here is my latest creation. I struggled and struggles to come up with something that wasn't the same card as many others did. The sketch just lent itself to a similar card design. I also wanted to keep the bookmark "black", meaning not so much color. The ladies at Stamp Something also issued a "black" challenge. You can check it out here.

I think I accomplished my goal. I used one of my favorite stamp sets and some Basic Grey designer paper. I am just loving all the Basic Grey that I have. A little bit of fun paper goes a long way toward dressing up any project. One thing I did that would not be noticeable from the photo is that I adhered the designer paper to Whisper White card stock to strengthen it!


Here are the details for this project:

Stamps: Art of Life
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Going Gray, BG Scarlet's Letter
Ink: Going Gray, Basic Black
Accessories: MM black eyelet, crop-a-dile, thin satin white & black Offray ribbon

No comments: