Thursday, November 6, 2008

Verve Holiday Sketch Blitz #1

If you don't know Verve, you need to check the company out! Last month, I won their October Challenge. Okay, I was randomly picked again, but a picture of my card was posted on their website. Anyhow, my prize was a little spending spree with them! I chose two stamp sets and recently received them. The stamps are really quite wonderful. I usually like clear rubber for the clarity of image. These clear stamps from Verve create clean images and you can see exactly where you are stamping (no need for a SAMJ!).

Lucky me, my stamps arrived just in time to participate in the Verve Holiday Sketch Blitz!!! And if you know me, my favorite kind of challenge is a sketch challenge. I only tweaked the sketch a little to fit the cross.

So here are the details for this card:

Stamps: Notes of Prayer by Verve stamps
Paper: Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold, Basic Grey Sugared
Ink: Encore Gold, Versamark
Accessories: Gold ep, vanilla taffeta ribbon, mini glue dot, stampin' dimensionals, heat tool
Techniques: embossing

I liked how my card turned out so well, that I made another one. Only this time I gave a little love to my new Unity stamp that I won (Guess I am kind of lucky!) from Chelsea Cook in a blog candy give away. While I was at it, I used the cracked glass technique for the Ways to Use It 190 challenge on SCS.

This card is pretty simple. The only thing that may not be immediately obvious is that I colored some rhinestones with a Dandelion? colored Sharpie to get the yellow-gold glow! I just love the dp, it really makes the card. These two (actually three) went super quick!

Here are the specifics related to this card:

Stamps: Almighty God by Unity Stamp Company
Paper: Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold, Basic Grey Sugared
Ink: Old Olive, Versamark
Accessories: Vanilla Taffeta ribbon, UTEE, heat tool, me & my big idea rhinestones, Dandelion sharpie, mini glue dots, stampin' dimensionals
Techniques: embossing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

1 comment:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

These are both fabulous! Love the cracked glass and your paper choice is beautiful!