Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Third Day of Christmas


The challenge for the 3rd day of Christmas on PCP was to make a card incorporating a hen, rooster or an owl. I used little baby chicks on my card because one day they will become hens! I really did want to stick with a Christmas theme, but how does one make chicks Christmas-y? And....I just purchased this cool Basic Grey paper and HAD to use it!

There wasn't much that was complicated about my card. I paper pieced the chicks. I used a gray watercolor crayon to "ground" the chicks. And...I cut my dp the wrong way the first time! What a goof! It just about killed me!

Here are the specifics for my card:

Stamps: Love You Much, Short & Sweet
Paper: Regal Rose, Basic Black, So Saffron, Whisper White, BG Urban Prairie
Ink: Basic Black, Regal Rose,
Accessories: Going Gray wcc, Blender Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Rose grosgrain ribbon, circle template
Techniques: paper piecing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments: