Sunday, November 16, 2008

Verve Holiday Sketch Blitz #4

Here is the card that I cooked up for the 4th sketch in the Verve Holiday Sketch Blitz. While I have been loving my new Verve stamps, I need to have a little variety. So I pulled out a great set I have called Natural Beauty. I recently read an inspiring blog entry by Christi Snow, so I tried water coloring. My coloring needs work and I think that just means practice. So practice I did.

I also had this stamp that looks like a zig-zag stitch laying around collecting dust, so I used it. The sketch included something that looked like stitching and my sewing machine is buried! (Sorry Mom, I am getting there!)

Here are the details for this card:

Stamps: Natural Beauty, Fluttering By by Verve, Stitched Ribbon by Hero Arts
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, PC fascination dp
Ink: StazOn Jet Black
Accessories: Watercolor pencils, aquapainter, Black organdy from Michael's
Techniques: Water coloring

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: