Monday, March 8, 2010

Verve For Men

Okay, so my post title sounds like a product name for deodorant or Men's cologne.  Sorry to be so corny, but it does.  Making masculine cards is very hard for me.  Some companies design sets (I think) with boys and men in mind.  Verve has at least one that I know of.  But I find Verve to be very feminine.  I was so surprised when I actually came up with a masculine card with my Verve sets.

I played along with a bunch of Verve challenges this weekend.  This card is for the Spring Fling color challenge to use yellow, green and brown.  I added Sahara Sand as my neutral and resurrected some old Stampin' Up! designer paper.  I found a cool new layout on the Clean and Simple Stamping blog and I was in business!  I used removable adhesive to get my circles in position and then trimmed off the excess hanging over the side of the card.  The only other thing to note is that I stamped the Leaves stamp from Verve in Sahara Sand on my Sahara Sand card stock.

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Leaves (Verve), Circular Sayings (Verve); Paper: Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Spring Flowers dsp; Ink: Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip; Accessories: 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, corner rounder. 

1 comment:

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable, great simple design.....happy day!

enjoy *~*